Monday, December 17, 2007

Shattered, Dashed and Left With Pieces

__________________________________________________
I have no idea what God's doing! Okay, that sounded like a major oxymoron, because none of claim to have a clue about God's plans, but I am so lost in the fogginess of life's direction right now that I have no faint insinuation which ways up.

Many of you know that I lost my job abruptly 4 wks ago today. Since that time I've felt like one thing and another was certainly going to materialize just to have my hopes dashed on the rocks of tragic reality repetitively.

Once again...shattered dreams. I decided last Fri to take a brother (from church) up on his offer of temporary employment. Granted, general construction wasn't my first choice of occupations, but then beggars can't be choosers can they? I figured no one was hiring sales people during the festivities, so I'd swing a hammer to generate some cash flow and pursue 'greener pastures' mid-January or so. (I do have two open offers in sales, but both companies have the ball in their court, so there's not much I can to to expedite the process from my end.)

This brother told me he would call me Sunday evening (last evening) and tell me where to be when this morning. Last evening came and went, and now it's past 7 am this morning, and where am I at? Sitting at my computer wondering.............................what exactly is God doing?
__________________________________________________

6 comments:

Sam Garber said...

It's hard to believe it's been 4 weeks already - but then I haven't done much of anything significant for a few weeks either - I don't know - it certainly has been an amazing rocky ride for ya.

You speak of God and what he's doing. I'm wondering, at this point, how intimately involved do you think God is in all this?

brother_barabbas said...

VERY!!

I firmly believe that HE is in complete control. I believe that all the rest of us (BGC, various other feed companies, and all the other prospects and leads I have) are all simply players in a bigger plan that HE's working out for HIS ultimate glory!

Anonymous said...

I certainly feel for you. Unemployment with a family is a miserable experience. The brother who promised you a call, whether it be good news or bad, did you a disservice.

Anonymous said...

Prayed for you today. Wish I could do more.

Brent Roland Holsinger said...

I not sure I can help anyone in the state in which My affairs have become . When My Life was in My control and I thought I could do it on My own I bled with ulcers , choked and vomitted . I finally resigned My outcome unto Jesus and asked of Him to carry the burden , Icried out to Him . Well it took 3 years for My Immediate Family to get involved and then I moved My residence to Ohio . To accomplish this was to walk away from alawsuit and assets and put it all in Jesus Hands to distribute and sort out . Once here in Ohio I then thought I should get State assistance and again put it in the Lord's hands and it took 9 monthes to the day to get a SSDI that takes many 2-3 years and appeals to accomplish . In My case it has taken alot of steps and avenues that I would've rather skipped . I spent weeks in the Kansas State Hospital . I shared a room with a convict being rehabilitated to society , another prison guard who had helped an inmate do something illegal and yet another homeless man . The 4 of Us took Our situations to the Lord and it became bearable and made Me a better Person . The fights and rage that was in there tempered Me to be more willing to SERVE as a SERVANT and less motivated to always be a Winner . My Prayers go out to Your situation , I love You ,Brent Roland Holsinger

Anonymous said...

Hey, since you switched, I haven't communicated to you as much, but will give it a try now....so sorry to hear you lost your job...wow! And what about replacing your vehicle? I didn't ever know how that turned out. Your answer to Sam was right on....YES, HE IS IN COMPLETE CONTROL!!! Blessings to you, Carla