Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Revival

__________________________________________________
Let the revival fires burn.

How often do we pray that? How often are we really willing to accept all the ramification of that prayer?

As I was praying this morning that phrase found its way into my vernacular. As I meditated on its meaning I came under conviction that seldom am I willing to accept what that really means. I want to think out loud a little here. Please allow me to do that.

Fire burns. Fire consumes. Fire destroys. Fire has no resurrecting qualities. Fire by nature equates to destruction. From that premise I conclude that ‘revival fire’ is an oxymoron. What is this ‘revival fire’ that we so often ‘beg’ for? I think we betray the phrase more often than not. To beg for revival fire is to beg for the Lord to work to destroy, remove, consume, burn everything in our heart and life that hinders revival. Amen? Are you willing for that kind of work? Are you really willing to allow the holy Spirit free course in your heart to search out the dark corners? Are you willing to confess the dirt, trash, and corruption that is found there? Do you really mean that you want revival fire, or would you rather revival without the fire? I tell you, it is not possible. Even though the phrase ‘revival fire’ is an oxymoron, it’s also the only way to accomplish the end. If you want revival in your life, in your family, in your church, in your community, in your country; fire must burn. I say, FIRE MUST BURN!

You must allow the consuming fire of the holy Spirit of God to roar though your sin, through your pride, through your condescension, through your arrogance, through your immorality, through your anger, through your self-righteousness, through your heart consuming the corruption and purifying the precious gems. I promise, on the authority of God’s word, if you are willing to allow the fire to burn, revival will ensue. You have God’s personal guarantee.

Are you willing to allow revival fire to cut its path through your life? Are you willing for revival? You are the only thing holding it back!!
__________________________________________________

3 comments:

Sam Garber said...

Yeah but God wouldn't burn up my anger - you see - God is angry... jk so this is the first time I'm hearing the term "revival fire" but it makes sense - I can't help but wonder if it will find it's way into my vernacular...

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

RAM said...

sam hasn't hung around many Charity people if he hasn't heard the term before huh? -wink and grin

seriously, preach it!

I am tired of hearing cries for revival as long as those doing the crying are not willing to REPENT of their pride and all the other crap.

Rich