Friday, April 10, 2009

Marvelous Grace & Mercy

__________________________________________________
Several times in our communion service tonite the thought was presented that no matter how hard we ran, God ran harder. I was struck by it! At the end of the service I had my Bible open to Isaiah 64 & 65 on the table in front of me. As we were invited to bow our head for a final, closing prayer my eyes fell on this at the beginning of Isaiah 65.....

I permitted Myself to be sought by those who did not ask for Me;
I permitted Myself to be found by those who did not seek Me.

I said, 'Here am I, here am I,'
To a nation which did not call My name.
I have spread out My hands all day long to a rebellious people,
Who walk in the way which is not good, following their own thoughts,
A people who continually provoke Me face to face,
Offering sacrifices in gardens and burning incense on bricks; (false (idol) worship)
Who sit among graves and spend the night in secret places;
Who eat swine's flesh,
And the broth of unclean meat is in their pots.
Who say, 'Keep to yourself, do not come near me,
For I am holier than you!'

....no matter how hard I ran, He ran harder and overtook me in spite of myself!
__________________________________________________

No comments: