Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Decisions

__________________________________________________
The job I was offered yesterday was with HealthMarkets. HealthMarkets is affilliated with and offers benefits through NASE (National Association for the Self-Employed). Coupled with the 'membership' benefits is access to health/life insurance through Mega Life and Health and Mid-West National Life Insurance Company of Tennessee.

Everything seems/seemed legitimate, but then I stumbled across this today.......
Ripoff Report - HealthMarkets
Ripoff Report - NASE

How does a person know what's truth and what's fiction? How am I supposed to sort through the racket when NOTHING else has surfaced on the occupational horizon?
__________________________________________________

4 comments:

Rich said...

Don't trust everything you see on that website. Lots of idiots pollute that place.

But, if there's smoke, make sure there's no fire before you jump.

And ask yourself this. Do you want to represent a company with a heavy presence on that site? ... Read More

I am not saying you shouldn't do this. But I AM saying (VERY LOUDLY) that before you do this, you need to spend a bunch of time and energy into researching it well.

brother_barabbas said...

fyi -
I turned the opportunity down. As I investigated I became aware that I didn't have the dedication required to succeed at this position. Not only would it take more evening/weekend hours than I desired to give, but it also required a tremendous amount of internal politicking!

On another note, I had an interview with The Palladium Item last week and The Daily Advocate called me last evening wanting to set up an interview early next week. Both papers are looking for a marketing consultant.

Todd said...

Sounds like these could be right up your alley and close to home. Are these salaried positions with benefits?

brother_barabbas said...

both positions are base + commission, todd. i only hope newspapers are SOO antiquated that it's a losing proposition!