Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Ecclesiastes 2:18-21

__________________________________________________
I hated all the fruit of my labor for which I had labored under the sun, for I must leave it to the man who will come after me. And who knows whether he will be a wise man or a fool? Yet he will have control over all the fruit of my labor for which I have labored by acting wisely under the sun. This too is vanity. Therefore I completely despaired of all the fruit of my labor for which I labored under the sun. When there is a man who has labored with wisdom, knowledge and skill, then he gives his legacy to one who has not labored with them.
__________________________________________________

1 comment:

Sam Garber said...

So I turned to consider wisdom and madness and folly. For what can the man do who comes after the king? Only what has already been done. Then I saw that there is more gain in wisdom than in folly, as there is more gain in light than in darkness. The wise person has his eyes in his head, but the fool walks in darkness. And yet I perceived that the same event happens to all of them.
(Ecc 2:12-14)

Need any help with the deck? Then I considered a house with a deck - a grill - this was also an odd thing to consider yet my wisdom remained with me. So I gave myself to folly - but folly turned on me - profanity - all is profanity and vexation of spirit sayeth the rich and famous preacher.