Friday, July 25, 2008

Can You Disagree?

__________________________________________________
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
-Walter Lippmann

That which has always been accepted by everyone, everywhere, is almost certain to be false.
-Paul Valery

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.
-Sir Richard Francis Burton

Anybody can observe the Sabbath [or any of the other 'letters' of the Law for that matter], but making it holy surely takes the rest of the week.
-Alice Walker
__________________________________________________

3 comments:

Margaret said...

To go along with that thought...I've always been very leery of "Christian" books that hit the New York Times biggest seller list. I figure if the masses are reading them, there must be something that's not quite right.

brother_barabbas said...

Brother Clinton Wolf (WI) once told me regarding a book (I can't remember the title), 'It made all the right enemies!'

Anonymous said...

So THAT'S where he got his inspiration? ;)