Monday, July 14, 2008

The Act of (Personal) Justification

__________________________________________________
Why does it seem like conservative, religious types always have to justify every decision they make? In my dealing with many different conservative, Christian cultures I've found that they seldom do anything because. Instead they have thought through and reasoned every act and are prepared to justify every act, every purchase, every decision. Why can they not say they did something, 'simply because we wanted to'?
__________________________________________________

4 comments:

Mike Cline said...

Unfortunately, I am not the Mike Cline you seek. Sorry to not have better news. I am originally from Ohio, however, Washington Court House (south east of Dayton) to be exact. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Keep walking,
Mike

Anonymous said...

I decided to leave a comment here today simply because I wanted to. God Bless you, Bro. Ultimately God wants us to love and follow Him simply because we want to. That's reason enough for me.

brother_barabbas said...

just because?

u must be a liberal, emergent type....

Anonymous said...

Good post.