Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Politically (In)Correct

__________________________________________________
Have I offended you?

Does what you read here bother you?

Am I too free with my feelings?

This is MY blog.

It has come to my attention that some who (apparently) read this blog regularly have found offensive or alarming content here. Is that you? Have you struggled with some of the subject matter found here?

I'm not insinuating that the subject matter is of an inherently offensive nature, but rather my open, honest transparency with my feelings and opinions is offensive to some. I, like many of you, find myself frustrated with the 'anonymous' bloggers present in cyberspace, but I think I'm starting to understand why they remain faceless. They have opportunity to be honest without everyone going around behind their back slandering their character. You know what people? I have feelings. I have opinions. I have preferences. I have emotional needs. I have dreams, goals, heartache's, problems, joys, struggles, etc. This is my little corner of the world. Can I be honest in it?

Can I?

Will you allow me?

Or will you use my honesty to castigate me? There is one thing I know. You also have struggles, frustrations, heartache's, preferences and emotional needs. Can you be honest with them? Will you be, or are you going to spend the rest of your time pointing your fingers at those of us who do?

Sure, if you read something on here that is cause for alarm, approach me. Please do. But please approach ME; not my wife, my children, my siblings, my parents, my friends, or a complete stranger. APPROACH ME if your concern is with me! Please? Am I asking too much?

Galatians 6:1
__________________________________________________

8 comments:

RAM said...

You know how I feel so I won't say much. Ignore them. I am serious. I am learning to do the same.

NEVER quit being open and honest. You hear?

When you get real and honest you will lose many of your friends but the friends who remain will be true friends.

People who are not real and honest are the first to be offended by someone who is real and honest.

Consider your life and blog to be a strike against the lives of quietly, desperate hypocrisy so many religious people find themselves trapped in.

"Keep it real" isn't just a catchy phrase. For some of us, it is necessary for life.

OK, so I said a lot more than I intended. Sorry about that. or not.

Keep it real bro!

Anonymous said...

speaking of being politically (in)correct...love hurts, blank, etc.
I'm not in this to win friends and influence people and i don't think you are either! Be Real!

Anonymous said...

I think you will win friends & influence people if you are honest. Keep it real bro. I've been lied to about 3 times in the last week or so but you know what,the Lord knows and it will go with him. Be real Bro!!!

Anonymous said...

You know, we are all weird in our own way, I always say ~ there are always going to be others who feel we are strange and that we should do things their way. Don't worry about other people's opinions about what you say too much ~ if they were truly concerned, they would come to you, personally. So what, if what we say isn't just perfect all the time? Surely, none of us claim perfection, do we? Be honest ~ then at least they can only falsely accuse you for being "false" ~ :-/
There is no way to please everyone ~ just be concerned about pleasing God. If He sends correction to you via others, so be it, but don't stop being honest.

lisa said...

Speaking for one of the 'anonymous' ones around here....please keep it honest. I appreciated sixmonth's comment "people who are not real and honest are the first to be offended by someone who is real and honest" Powerful words!!

On the other hand...don't be too concerned if someone doesn't agree with you(LOL can't believe I'M saying that) !!! We are all in different places in our walk with the Lord and that's how HE wants it.

I can relate to some of your posts worrying why people didn't respond to you, etc. Who cares? I know it is hard for me, too, but so often my dh reminds me that I am not out to please other people...only the Lord (and dh of course!! ;) ) That is a hard lesson for me to learn. Sigh.

lisa said...

You know one of the things that still to this day makes me soo very insecure is to hear someone talking about another person and say "oh, they are just 'different'". I immediately wonder how wierd and 'different' I am. Thanks, Fwren...I need to take to heart what you said.

Anonymous said...

I love your honesty! We all have our heartaches, questions, doubts, frustrations, overwhelming trials, etc. That's life! The person who portrays to the world that he is somehow above that is probably very insecure and not real happy with himself.

There is freedom in being open and sharing our heart. Look how real king David (man after God's own heart)was with sharing his feelings!

Making yourself vulnerable to the world makes you real! Don't lose that! Hypocrisy is showing to the world that we are something we really aren't.

Hey, thanks for making yor blog easier to write in! :) Or maybe I just figured it out.

brother_barabbas said...

.......maybe!