Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Occupational Prayer

__________________________________________________
Lord, you're in control!

I am not brilliant enough, clever enough or talented enough to accomplish the goals set for me this week on my own. You know me, you know what I am made of, you know I am nothing but dust! That's why I can rest in your sovereignty over my entire life. If the expectations set for this week are requirements, your assistance will be the only way I accomplish them. If they aren't expected as insinuated, you know that also. You are in control! You move on hearts; you move hearts. If, Lord, this particular occupation is the one you've chosen for me, I give you the expectations and say, 'guide me, lead me, prepare a way before me'. If you haven't chosen The Daily Advocate as where you want me to serve, and you choose to use this 'trial week' to show me that, I give it to you! You're in control! I cannot do this alone! The giant's calling out my name and he laughs at me, reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed! But, Lord, you say that you are my God and if I open my mouth wide you will fill it!

Lord, I'm seeking nothing more than to be in your will. I look at my situation and conclude this opportunity seems to be the only option; you, however, know much more than I. You know ALL things! You're in control! Please, please, please Lord, guard me against attempting to take control in any situation, and especially in this situation.

If this opportunity is the hand-picked opportunity you intend to give me, you're in control! I don't have the ability in myself, of myself, by myself to accomplish it; but the opportunity is exciting and I'm willing to give it everything you give me!

Here we go Lord. You're in control! I only want to bring you glory....wherever, whatever.....no matter what!!
__________________________________________________

2 comments:

brother_barabbas said...

I come before You today,
And there's just one thing that I want to say
Thank You, Lord, thank You, Lord

For all You've given to me,
For all the blessings that I cannot see
Thank You, Lord, thank You, Lord

With a grateful heart,
With a song of praise,
With an outstretched arm
I'll bless Your Name and

Thank You, Lord, I just want to thank You, Lord

-Paul Baloche

brother_barabbas said...

I have officially sold 4 accounts which multiple sales people have attempted to sell multiple times. God is SOOO good!!!