Friday, June 27, 2008

Letter from God

__________________________________________________
Dear Aaron,

I remember how devoted you were when you were young in your relationship with me. Every promise you made was pure and you followed through in simplicity. You followed after, seeking me through whatever wilderness, whatever barren situation. You, Aaron, were holy to the Lord.

What did I do against you that you distanced yourself from me and walked after empty things and became spiritually empty? You quit asking, ‘Where is the Lord who saved me from my life of spiritual bondage, who led me through barren experiences, through snares and pitfalls, through spiritual drought and darkness, and through places where it seemed no one had ever been before?’ I brought you into a land of spiritual blessing but you came into it and became complacent and thereby scorned your spiritual inheritance. You quit asking, ‘Where is the Lord?’

I will continue wrestling with your will. Can you change gods where there are no other gods? You have, however, changed your glory for that which does not profit. Be appalled at this, and shudder. You have committed two evils. First, you have forsaken me the source of living water. Secondly, you have chosen other sources of inspiration and they simply have no inspiration for you, nor ever will!

Remember when I saved you from empty religion? But you said by your actions, ‘I will not serve God.’ Every chance you get you return to a religious way of thinking. Even though you jump through pious hoops, you cannot hide your desire from me. How can you say, ‘I’m not being religious?’ Look at your history and attitudes.

As a thief is ashamed when he is discovered, so should you be. You who would rather choose format over faith to give inspiration. You who would rather choose rules over grace in relationship with others. In that manner you have turned your back on me yet in a time of real struggle you will cry out to me to save you. Where are your gods of religion that you’ve created for yourself? Let them save you from your troubles.

Why do you wrestle with me? You’ve transgressed against me. I have vainly sent situations in your life to call you back to me, but you claim innocence.

Aaron, I want you to know this, I reject those things in which you trust (religion, empty rules), and neither will you prosper in them.

For My Glory,
Your Father,
YHVH
__________________________________________________

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Good thoughts there. I certainly understand the complacency--it's so easy to fall into that when life gets easy. :-/