Thursday, May 8, 2008

Onslaught

__________________________________________________
I feel as though I'm under intense spiritual attack today. I'm scheduled to preach tonite at NCCF and it seems as though the enemy feels that getting me down and then kicking me while there would be a good way to interfere with God's plan. I try hard not to be a person who blames everything on 'the devil made me do it' and I know that every man is tempted when he is drawn away by his own lusts [passions, desires, attitudes, opinions, etc]. Nevertheless, my mind is not cooperating very with my heart today!

Lord, on the merit of the finished work of Jesus on my behalf, rebuke the devil from my presence today. Let me be a willing (and ready) servant tonite. Father, I pray you would prepare my heart to both receive (first) and give your Word tonite!
__________________________________________________

2 comments:

Sam Garber said...

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Friends, my rocks and my reviewers. (Psalms 19:14)

Anonymous said...

Praying right now Brother.