Sunday, January 27, 2008

Flattered or Offended?

__________________________________________________
I'm not sure whether to be flattered or offended.

Custom at Greenville Fellowship is to allow 20-30 minutes for feedback/testimony relating to the sermon at the end of the service. My experience has always been that at least one or two people have something to add or amplify. Today, however, not one single soul had anything to say.

I'm not sure whether to be flattered that there were no contradictions or offended that there were no accolades; flattered that there was no dissension or offended that there was no complimentation.
__________________________________________________

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe they were still "swallowing".

Anonymous said...

gulp

lisa said...

dd says there was nothing to add....a most amazing worship!

Anonymous said...

sorry i posted as "anonymous"...it wouldn't let me post as ME.

Anonymous said...

Don't be offended ~ as lisa's dd said, there was nothing left to say ~ it left us speechless and just quietly savoring and rejoicing in what we had heard, and praising the LORD in our hearts.

Anonymous said...

Our first Greenville experience and we throughly enjoyed it! The message was powerful. My husband wanted to share but being our first time he was a bit hesitent. You can sell your product because you are sold out on it! :) PTL for today!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure if I'd have been there I would have come up with something to say. ;-)

Actually, I'm sure it was great. Sounds like people really appreciated what you had to say.

Anonymous said...

I am currently listening to Greenville Fellowhip's terrific message again. Lack of spoken testimony wasn't anything new. Last Sunday, there wasn't any, either. Yesterday, I believe it was offered in song.
~Sara

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Can't imagine people having nothing to say (doesn't happen to me often ;-))

The kids said it was excellent, but didn't give any more details than that when they staggered in at midnight.

Anonymous said...

Mulling over the "past, present, and future position". Awesome gift! What a Savior!
~Sara

Sam Garber said...

There you have it - sweet feedback

brother_barabbas said...

Ahhhh..............



I hope everyone understands that this post was just a weak attempt at humor. I realized later (and a couple people mentioned it to me also) that this could have looked like a begging for affirmation. It wasn't intended that way, but rather a poor attempt to be light-hearted at my own expense.