Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Organized Occupation

__________________________________________________
I had a job once. I've actually had several jobs in my life. I tried to make them work, but they never did! Once I even had a boss lie to me! Can you imagine, he lied to me outright. All in the name of business.
I've come to the conclusion that occupations are unnecessary for satisfactory human experience. I can be human and not have a job. Period.
Now I'm angry that everyone tried to keep me locked up in organized occupations all my life. My parents never told me; my bosses never told me; my teachers never told me; no one ever told me that I wasn't obligated to work. Rather, they all told me quite the opposite. I've been hurt and abused by organized occupations.
Organized occupations are just a way for people to control one another and impose their own personal preferences on their fellow human beings!

I hereby stand against organized occupations! Who will stand with me?


Sound foolish? Why? When someone takes the same approach to 'organized' church we consider their foolishness as worthy. We try to treat them cautiously so as not to offend them or 'drive them away'!
__________________________________________________

7 comments:

danny2 said...

great analogy!

perfect because both are actually commanded in Scripture, yet ignored by so many.

Unknown said...

If someone is an "independent contractor" (is his own boss, so to speak) is he still in “organized occupation”?

Just curious.

Unknown said...

Some organized churches are corrupt just like some businesses are corrupt.

Am I stirring the pot yet??

Anonymous said...

I was somewhat disappointed at the front page selection on the Vindicator this month. Sounds like you speak your mind too! I guess looking at it from both sides can't hurt. It can help us find reasons for our beliefs and actions.

brother_barabbas said...

I ceased Vindicator reception 15 months ago.

As you know, I'm seeking new employment. The last two jobs have been less than 'above board' with everything......so I got thinking.....I'm against organized occupation!!

Anonymous said...

The solution seems simple ~ get an unorganized occupation!

;-)

Josh said...

Wow! Neat analogy.