Saturday, August 9, 2008

It's Me, O Lord....Standin In The Need of Prayer

__________________________________________________
I am saved by grace, apart from works. I am born-again. I am a child of God. I am 'in the kingdom'. I am saved forever because Jesus lives and is making intercession on my behalf. No one can pluck me out of His hand.

I am spiritually arrogant.

Since all of the above quoted verses are true, I find my flesh becoming bolder and bolder in its cries for attention. What does it matter? Oh, sure, I shouldn't 'continue in sin so that grace can be seen in abundance' but grace will abound if need be.

Simply put, I have become calloused toward the depraved, sinful nature of my heart.

I beg each of you to pray that God will, by His Spirit, break my heart over the exceeding sinfulness of my own heart.
__________________________________________________

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think these books will be the answer to your prayer.
copy and paste

http://www.starkehartmann.com/smoking_enlarged.htm

http://www.starkehartmann.com/flawed_ad1.htm

and this cd:
http://www.starkehartmann.com/ptsenlarged.htm

brother_barabbas said...

Keith,
My point wasn't that I'm struggling with 'sins of the flesh', though that happens occasionally; rather, I minimize the darkness and depravity of my heart. There was a time when my heart broke over the exceeding sinfulness of my humanity. Now, I just brush it off and walk on.

Anonymous said...

I'm a praying

Rich

by the way I don't know what I am doing with this blogging stuff

brother_barabbas said...

at least we use vowels in our blogs, eh?